|Franz Prange, M.D., Ph.D.|
Prange first came to the Institute in 1920 as a student preparing his zoology dissertation on hermaphoditism in goats. From 1924 to 1926, he was head of endocrinological research, and for a short time he also worked in the sexual ailments department. He completed his medical dissertation in 1926 based on research he conducted at the Institute on gynecomastia (male breast development). In 1927, he returned to Rostock, where he had been a student, and worked at the university medical center there.